November 11-12 in Salem
Oregon Farm Bureau's Young Farmers & Ranchers Committee invites Farm Bureau members between the ages of 16 and 35 to attend the 2017 Oregon Young Farmers & Ranchers (YF&R) Leadership Conference, Nov. 11-12 in Salem.
"The conference will be an excellent opportunity for young farmers and ranchers to learn about policy issues facing Oregon agriculture, gain useful information for their businesses, sharpen advocacy skills, network, and have a lot of fun," said Jenny Freeborn, vice chair of the YF&R Committee. "Registration for the two-day conference is also a great deal at only $40."
Keynote speakers will be Kim Bremmer of Ag Inspirations, a nationally recognized motivational speaker who will discuss communication and advocacy in agriculture, and Derek Pangelinan of Derek Rey Consulting, the developer of "The 6 Perspectives of Leadership," a model for teaching leadership skills to people from all walks of life.
Presentations by industry experts will cover the topics of agriculture business, natural resources, ag advocacy, and Farm Bureau basics.
Distinguished speakers include Mary Anne Cooper, OFB Public Policy Counsel; Jenny Dresler, OFB Director of State Public Policy; Doug Hoffman, Wilco President and CEO; Joanne Humphrey of Aldrich CPAs and Advisors; Sarah Brown of Oregon Tilth; Andrea Krahmer of Northwest Farm Credit Services; John Williams of Oregon State University Extension, Wallowa County; Jana Peterson of the U.S. Dept. of Forestry; Stacy Davies, Country Natural Beef/Roaring Springs Ranch; and others.
- What: 2017 Oregon Young Farmers & Ranchers (YF&R) Leadership Conference
- When: Saturday, Nov. 11, 9 a.m. -- 5 p.m.; Sunday, Nov. 12, 9 a.m. -- 4 p.m.
- Where: Oregon Farm Bureau office, 1320 Capitol St. NE, Salem, OR 97301
- Open to: Farm Bureau members between the ages of 16 and 35
Register by Nov. 3. Find the registration form and conference agenda at http://oregonfb.org/yfrconference
- Cost: $40 per person. Includes lunch both days and snacks at Saturday social event.
- Attendees must be Farm Bureau members and be between the ages of 16 and 35.
- Registration forms are due to the office no later than 4 p.m. on Nov. 3.
- Event limited to the first 70 registration forms and payments received.
- Nearby hotel available at reduced rate for conference attendees.
For more information, contact OFB's Jacon Taylor at email@example.com or 541.589.9694.