Issued:Wed Nov 1, 2017 3:04 PM PDT
Effective:Wed Nov 1, 2017 3:04 PM PDT
Expires:Thu Nov 2, 2017 4:00 AM PDT
A system will move into the region Thursday. This front will stall over the region and move slowly to the southeast through Saturday morning. Snow levels will lower through the day, lowering to the Cascade passes late Thursday afternoon, and continue to lower to around 3000 feet by Saturday morning.
- WHAT...Snow expected. Plan on difficult travel conditions,including during the morning commute on Friday. Total snow accumulations of 6 to 10 inches, with localized amounts up to 14 inches, are expected.
- WHERE...South Central Oregon Cascades and Siskiyou Mountains and Southern Oregon Cascades. Areas include Diamond Lake, Crater Lake and all Cascade passes north of Howard Prairie.
- WHEN...5 PM Thursday to 5 PM Friday. The heaviest snowfall rates will occur between 5 AM and 11 AM Friday.
- ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Look for reduced visibilities at times.
- Slow down and allow extra time to reach your destination.
- Carry tire chains and be prepared for snow covered roads and limited visibilities.
- See tripcheck.com for latest road conditions.
- A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow will cause travel difficulties.
- Siskiyou Mountains
- Southern Oregon Cascades
- South Central Oregon Cascades
This weather advisory is brought to you by Excel Auto Body, your trusted source for auto body repair in Klamath Falls. "Your Vehicle, Our Reputation."