High pressure over the area will result in light winds and inversion conditions tonight through Tuesday. This will cause moisture and particulates to remain generally trapped in the valleys. This could result in diminished air quality that could affect public health, especially for people with respiratory sensitivities.
AIR STAGNATION ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO NOON PST TUESDAY
The National Weather Service in Medford has issued an Air Stagnation Advisory...which is in effect from 6 PM this evening to noon PST Tuesday.
- Air quality...Air quality could diminish during the advisory period due to particulates being trapped under valley inversions.
- Locations include...All valley locations across Douglas,Josephine, Jackson, Klamath, and Lake Counties.
- Impacts...Those with respiratory sensitivities could be adversely affected by diminished air quality during the advisory time period.
- View the hazard area in detail at https://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mfr/HAZARD
- Precautionary/preparedness actions - An air stagnation advisory indicates that due to limited movement of an air mass across the advisory area, pollution will increase.&&
Affected Area(s): Central Douglas County; Central and Eastern Lake County; Eastern Curry County and Josephine County; Eastern Douglas County Foothills; Jackson County; Klamath Basin; Northern and Eastern Klamath County and Western Lake County; South Central Oregon Coast
Issued: Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:22 PM PST
Effective:Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:00 PM PST
Expires:Tue Jan 2, 2018 12:00 PM PST