A strong frontal system will bring a period of moderate to strong and gusty winds to portions of the Shasta Valley, Rogue Valley,and portions of Klamath, Lake, and Modoc Counties Wednesday into Thursday. The National Weather Service in Medford has issued a High Wind Warning and a Wind Advisory, which are in effect from 4 AM Wednesday to 4 PM PST Thursday.
- Winds - South 30 to 40 mph with gusts to 45 to 75 mph possible.
- Timing - Winds will increase on Wednesday and will become strong and gusty late Wednesday evening through Thursday morning. Winds will gradually diminish Thursday afternoon.
- Locations (Warning) - The higher terrain in the Winter Rim area and the Warner Mountains, as well as areas just west of Highway 31 between Paisley and Summer Lake.
- Locations (Advisory) - Highway 31 between Paisley and Summer Lake, including Summer Lake, Highway 299 near Cedar Pass, and portions of Highway 140 southeast of Adel.
- Impacts - Driving conditions will be dangerous, at times, for high-profile vehicles. Stronger winds could down trees and power lines and cause flying debris.
- View the hazard area in detail athttps://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mfr/HAZARD
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage. Travel will be impacted, especially for high profile vehicles. A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected with higher gusts possible. Winds this strong can make driving difficult, especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Modoc County; Central and Eastern Lake County; Northern and Eastern Klamath County and Western Lake County
Issued:Tue Nov 7, 2017 3:23 PM PST
Effective:Tue Nov 7, 2017 3:23 PM PST
Expires:Wed Nov 8, 2017 7:00 AM PST
This weather advisory is brought to you by Excel Auto Body, your trusted source for auto body repair in Klamath Falls. "Your Vehicle, Our Reputation."