A spring tradition for lovers of classical music all over the Klamath Basin, our musicians may be short on years but they more than make up for it with talent. Before our local performers can join this prestigious concert (a first paid job for many of them) they must first go through a rigorous jurying process.
The Ragland Classical Series (RCS) will again host the “Young Musicians of Excellence,” featuring the best young classical musicians in the Klamath Basin. We invite the music teachers of Klamath Falls to recommend classical music students to participate. The recital will be held Sunday, April 15, 2018, 2:00 PM at The Ross Ragland Theater. A $50.00 honorarium will be given to each student selected to participate. A reception for patrons, participants and their families will immediately follow the recital in the lobby of the theater. Each student participating will receive two complimentary tickets at the box office.
Seniors who are majoring or minoring in music are eligible to apply for a non-renewable scholarship for $500 from the Arts Advocates Group. Please see additional information on the application.
- All music students should be of high school age.
- As criteria for selection we request that students receive a 1 or 1- in an adjudicated competition or some equivalent performance.
- Students should be prepared to perform for five to ten minutes.
- 4. Deadline for application to be received is Wednesday, March 14, 2018.
- Piano students and others that were not able to participate in the solo contest may audition in person at 3:30 PM on March 21 in the KU band room. Students needing to audition need to have their applications in on or before March 14. You will be contacted by email with an audition time.
- List the composer’s full name and complete title information on your application.
Students accepted to participate would be notified by email the week of March 26. Please contact Charlie Moresi at (541) 218-2650 or the RRT at 884-0651 ext. 13 for further information. The members of the Ragland Classical Series look forward to presenting these talented young musicians to the Klamath Basin community.
For more information download the Honors Recital Application.
Press release provided by The Ross Ragland Theater.